Added health and safety measures and deals available both in store and online allow customers to shop when and how they want this holiday
Kohl’s today announced plans to open at 5 a.m. local time on Friday, November 27 with increased health and safety measures in place to promote a safe shopping environment for customers and associates. Kohl’s stores nationwide will be closed on Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 26, and the company plans to make Black Friday Week deals available both on Kohls.com and in store to allow customers to shop however they feel most comfortable this holiday.
“This year, we’ve evolved our strategies to reflect changing consumer behavior, and Kohl’s plans for the holiday season are no exception,” said Jon Grosso, executive vice president, director of stores. “Safety and convenience are more important than ever and we know customers will continue to take advantage of Kohl’s online and omnichannel conveniences, including contactless shopping options this season. While holiday shopping may look and feel different this year, I am confident customers will continue to see Kohl’s as a destination for a safe, seamless shopping experience.”
Increased Health & Safety Measures
Kohl’s implemented a number of health and safety measures earlier this year to foster a safe shopping experience for all customers. The following are just a few of the measures that will continue to be in place for the entire holiday season:
- Customers and associates are required to wear face coverings
- Social distancing markers and signage throughout the store
- Protective barriers at all registers and checkout lanes cleaned after every use
- Touchless payment is available with Kohl’s Pay on the Kohl’s App
The following additional precautions will be put in place for customers visiting one of the more than 1,160 stores during Black Friday Week.
- Stanchions and social distancing markers will be placed at all store entrances to encourage social distancing on days with anticipated higher traffic
- Stores will have designated entrance with additional doors available for exit on select days to control traffic flow and encourage social distancing
- Associate greeters will be stationed at the front of the store to distribute sanitized carts, offer free masks to customers who do not have them, and limit occupancy, as appropriate
Kohl’s received an “A” grade from Shop Safely, an organization that scores retailers on the safety of their shopping experience during the COVID-19 pandemic, through metrics that measure convenience, safety protocols and returns. Click here to learn more. A full list of the health and safety measures Kohl’s is taking can be found here.
Convenient Shopping Options
Holiday shopping is easier than ever this year with convenient services including Drive Up and In-Store Pick Up, allowing customers to shop online and on the Kohl’s App and pick up their orders for free at their local Kohl’s store. With tens of thousands of items available for store pick up and orders ready within two hours or less. Drive Up and In-Store Pick Up services will continue to be available during store operating hours during Black Friday Week.
- Contactless Drive Up: Kohl’s offers contactless drive up at most stores, allowing customers to have their Kohls.com Buy Online, Pick Up in Store or Ship to Store orders placed directly in their trunk or backseat when they’re ready. And because the holidays are already busy enough, Kohl’s is doubling the number of Drive Up spaces at its store locations, making it fast and easy for customers to pick up their Kohls.com orders from their local store.
- In-Store Pick Up: Customers can also choose to Buy Online, Pick Up in Store or Ship to Store and select to enter the store for pick up.