New internal hub houses all mental well-being resources and benefits for associates and their families
With a purpose to inspire and empower families to lead fulfilled lives, Kohl’s has a long history of supporting family health and wellness. We know that when associates are at their best, they can bring their best. To fulfill our purpose and support the total well-being of our associates, we are putting a focus on mental health and well-being because we understand that what's happening in the world outside of Kohl's has an impact on our associates inside of Kohl’s. As part of this refreshed focus, Kohl’s is launching today an internal wellness hub for associates called Be Well at Kohl’s, which houses resources and benefits for associates and their families that focus on mental health and well-being. We are proud to invest in our associates and equip them with the tools needed to invest in themselves and their families health and wellness.
Whether associates and their families are juggling the demands of work and life, navigating major family moments, or weathering the stages of the pandemic, we offer resources to support their total well-being. The Be Well at Kohl’s hub provides quick and easy access to more information on the many mental health and well-being resources offered to associates and their families, including those outlined below.
- Mental and Emotional Counseling & Support: We offer mental and emotional counseling resources for associates and their families with both in-person and virtual options. All associates can use our Employee Assistance Program for free counseling regardless of their benefits, and we offer additional resources for medically enrolled associates.
- Digital & Online Tools: We provide tools for associates to evaluate their total well-being and offer resources on topics such as managing stress, anxiety, self-acceptance and depression. Associates can find support on these topics through online well-being activities, wellness training and additional resources for medically enrolled associates.
- Family Resources: We offer resources to support our associates' families on their mental health and well-being journeys. This includes recorded webinars such as Parenting at Kohl’s, which offers helpful tips for associates with children. Kohl’s also helps families learn more about prioritizing healthy living with Alliance for a Healthier Generation’s Kohl's Healthy at Home program.
- Time Away from Work: Associates facing mental and emotional health needs may need time away from work for medical leave, short-term disability, unpaid medical leave of absence or personal leave. Related resources are available for associates within the Be Well at Kohl’s hub.
- Community: Associates can join groups to connect with individuals facing similar life situations and find support on their mental health and well-being journeys, including associate-led support groups and Business Resource Groups (BRG).
- Training & Resources: Ongoing learning is essential on our journey towards mental well-being. Leaders and associates can explore resources on the Be Well at Kohl’s hub.
Kohl’s support of mental well-being extends beyond its walls and into the communities we serve through our national partnerships with Alliance for a Healthier Generation and Boys & Girls Clubs of America, as well as our Hometown Partner, Children’s Wisconsin. To learn more about Kohl’s commitment to family health and wellness, or to access Kohl’s 2020 ESG Report, visit Corporate.Kohls.com.