Kohl’s delivered a record-breaking Thanksgiving both in-store and on Kohls.com with hundreds of thousands of customers lined up across the country prior to doors opening, more than 16 million visits to Kohls.com, and key doorbuster items selling extremely well.
“Black Friday sales and traffic have been very strong, both online and in store - well ahead of last year,” said Kevin Mansell, Kohl’s Chairman, CEO and President. “We’re leaning into customers’ desire to shop when and how they want, and making their experience seamless in-store and online. Our customers are responding to a real differentiator they can only get at Kohl's this week - $15 Kohl’s Cash for every $50 spent. While Thanksgiving week is just the beginning of the holiday season, we’re well prepared to keep this momentum going throughout December. With great promotions, well-balanced inventories, compelling products, enhanced personalization tactics, and a strong digital business, we’re confident we’ll deliver a strong holiday season.”
Black Friday Highlights:
- Thanksgiving Day was a record day for Kohls.com, both in terms of sales and traffic, with nearly 16 million people visiting the site
- Mobile represented more than 60 percent of digital traffic on Thanksgiving
- Kohl’s store sales and traffic were very strong and well ahead of last year
- Our store associates fulfilled nearly 40 percent more Buy Online, Pick Up In Store orders this year
- Home, Tech items and Active were outperforming categories in-store and online
- Key selling items were Instant Pot, Fitbit, Apple Watches, Blanket throws, Nike and Under Armour gifts
Customers will continue to find great savings with Kohl’s Cyber Week sales event kicking off Saturday, November 25 and running through Wednesday, November 29 in store and on Kohls.com.