Funding from the Kohl’s Hometown Giving Program will help further 22 local organizations’ missions in 2019
MENOMONEE FALLS, Wis., (Jan. 31, 2019) – Kohl’s (NYSE: KSS) today announced it will donate a total of $500,000 in grants to 22 local nonprofit organizations that improve the quality of life for children and families through the Kohl’s Hometown Giving Program. Funding provided will support a variety of programs and initiatives that enrich community health and wellness, arts and culture, conservation, education, and social services.
Launched in 2017, the Kohl’s Hometown Giving Program allows Kohl’s to broaden its support of incredible organizations that make a difference in the Milwaukee community in addition to its ongoing hometown partners. Since the program’s inception, Kohl’s has donated more than $1 million to 50 nonprofit organizations in the Milwaukee area.
“Kohl’s is deeply connected to the Milwaukee community and has a long history of supporting organizations making a positive difference. The Kohl’s Hometown Giving Program is an extension of our commitment to this community and a way to recognize even more amazing nonprofits throughout the Milwaukee area that improve or enrich the lives of families across the region,” said Jen Johnson, Kohl’s senior vice president of communications. “We are inspired by the incredible work these nonprofit organizations are doing, and are proud to support their efforts.”
The following Milwaukee-area organizations will receive a grant ranging from $2,500 to $50,000 through the Kohl’s Hometown Giving Program:
- City on a Hill
- Ex Fabula
- GPS Education Partners
- HOPE Network
- Just One More Ministry
- Lutheran Counseling & Family Services of Wisconsin
- Make-A-Wish Wisconsin
- Milwaukee Chamber Theatre
- Milwaukee Christian Center
- Milwaukee Rescue Mission
- Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra
- Milwaukee Urban League
- Neighborhood House of Milwaukee
- Northwest Side Community Development Corporation
- Outreach Community Health Centers
- Progressive Community Health Centers
- Running Rebels Community Organization
- SHARP Literacy
- St. Vincent de Paul Society of Milwaukee
- TRUE Skool
- United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County
The grants will be used to support a variety of programs and initiatives including, but not limited to:
- Increased access to in-school counseling for mental health and behavioral issues through Lutheran Counseling & Family Services of Wisconsin.
- The expansion of the “Homework Diner Model” by United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County, to provide students and their families, free, healthy meals and teacher- and tutor-led homework help.
- SHARP Literacy’s Pop-Up Learning Lab, where fifth grade students learn how to code and enhance their collaboration, problem solving and algorithmic thinking skills.
- Age-based learning and evidence-based violence prevention services at the Neighborhood House of Milwaukee.
The donations made through the Kohl’s Hometown Giving Program are made possible through Kohl’s philanthropic program, Kohl’s Cares®, which sells children’s books and toys and donates 100 percent of the net profit to support happier and healthier communities nationwide. Since 2000, Kohl's and Kohl’s Cares have donated more than $100 million to support charitable initiatives in the metro-Milwaukee area.
For more information about the Kohl’s Hometown Giving Program, visit KohlsHometownGiving.com.
Kohl’s (NYSE: KSS) is a leading omnichannel retailer with more than 1,100 stores in 49 states. With a commitment to inspiring and empowering families to lead fulfilled lives, Kohl’s offers amazing national and proprietary brands, incredible savings and an easy shopping experience in our stores, online at Kohls.com and on Kohl's mobile app. Throughout its history, Kohl's has given more than $650 million to support communities nationwide. For a list of store locations or to shop online, visit Kohls.com. For more information about Kohl’s impact in the community or how to join our winning team visit Corporate.kohls.com or follow @KohlsNews on Twitter.
Julia Fennelly, Julia.Fennelly@Kohls.com, 262-703-1710