Kohl’s 2020 Hometown Giving Program broadens giving to 25 deserving nonprofits across the Milwaukee community
MENOMONEE FALLS, Wis., January 21, 2020 – Kohl’s (NYSE: KSS) announced today, in support of its overall commitment to family health and wellness, a donation of over $500,000 in grants to 25 deserving nonprofit organizations in the Greater Milwaukee Area. The grants, made possible through Kohl’s Hometown Giving Program, range from $2,500 to $50,000 and will help the recipients continue in their missions of serving local families in the Milwaukee community.
Launched in 2017 after identifying the opportunity to reach more local nonprofits in need of grant support, Kohl’s Hometown Giving Program allows Kohl’s to broaden its support of impactful organizations that make a difference in the Milwaukee community, expanding upon the company’s traditional hometown partnerships. Since the inception of Kohl’s Hometown Giving Program, Kohl’s has donated more than $1.5 million to 70 different nonprofit organizations in the Milwaukee area.
“Kohl’s is strongly rooted in the Milwaukee community, and we are proud to support organizations that make a positive impact in our hometown. All year long, numerous non-profit organizations in the Milwaukee area benefit from our Kohl's Volunteer Program - which provides volunteer hours and financial support from Kohl's and Kohl's associates. The Kohl's Hometown Giving Program is just one more way that Kohl's provides support to deserving nonprofit organizations,” said Jen Johnson, Kohl’s senior vice president of communications. “We offer our congratulations to this year’s 25 grant recipients that are making a difference for families in the Milwaukee community.”
Kohl’s is proud to congratulate each of the Hometown Giving Program grant recipients, including:
Arts & Culture
- Milwaukee Youth Symphony Orchestra
- Latino Arts, Inc.
- Arts @ Large, Inc.
Health & Wellness
- Milwaukee Center for Independence
- Curative Care Network
- Beyond Vision
- GiGi’s Playhouse Milwaukee
- Teens Grow Greens
- West Allis-West Milwaukee Family Resource Center
- Operation DREAM
- Milwaukee Habitat for Humanity
- ALAS (Allanza Latina Aplicando Soluciones)
- Capuchin Community Services
- Housing Resources, Inc.
- Mr. Bob’s Under the Bridge, Inc.
- United Community Center
- Victory Garden Initiative
- Harry & Rose Samson Family Jewish Community Center
- Tosa Community Food Pantry
- Lead2Change, Inc.
- Inner City Computer Stars
- Schlitz Audubon Nature Center
The grants will be used by the nonprofit organizations in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to:
- Purchasing new winter clothing, including coats, hats and gloves for Milwaukee-area homeless through Mr. Bob’s Under the Bridge Inc.
- Supporting the Latino Arts Inc. Latino Arts Strings Program (LASP), which provides serious musical study to students whose families otherwise would not be able to afford a classical music education.
- Providing the Milwaukee Police Department with REACH-A-Child REACH BAGs, which are durable backpacks filled with new children’s books for each squad car within the Milwaukee Police Department. Officers can give the bags to traumatized children when arriving on scene.
- Funding the Pediatric Therapy Gym in Curative’s new Pediatric Therapy Center, which will offer life-changing therapy to children with special needs and feature the latest in innovative therapeutic equipment.
The donations made through Kohl’s Hometown Giving Program are made possible through Kohl’s philanthropic program, Kohl’s Cares®, which sells children’s books and plush, donating 100 percent of the net profit to health and wellness organizations nationwide.
For more information about the Kohl’s Hometown Giving Program, visit KohlsHometownGiving.com.
Kohl’s (NYSE: KSS) is a leading omnichannel retailer with more than 1,100 stores in 49 states. With a commitment to inspiring and empowering families to lead fulfilled lives, Kohl’s offers amazing national and exclusive brands, incredible savings and an easy shopping experience in our stores, online at Kohls.com and on Kohl's mobile app. Since its founding, Kohl's has given more than $700 million to support communities nationwide, with a focus on family health and wellness. For a list of store locations or to shop online, visit Kohls.com. For more information about Kohl’s impact in the community or how to join our winning team, visit Corporate.Kohls.com or follow @KohlsNews on Twitter.