- As kids return to school and adults have more social gatherings, Kohl’s is the destination for the active and casual wardrobe the entire family is looking for to feel confident and prepared to begin the new year
- New this year, Kohl’s is saying “thank you” to educators and school staff with a 20% in store discount this weekend, July 16 - July 18 in store only
- Save big at Kohl’s during back-to-school shopping with value differentiators like Kohl’s Rewards, Kohl’s Cash and Kohl’s Card, found only at Kohl’s
- Shopping made easy this season with time saving conveniences including Drive Up and In Store Pick Up services; Easy-to-navigate and solutions-focused Kohls.com experiences; and on-the-go mobile shopping options with Kohl’s App and Kohl’s Pay
- Kohl’s helps families prioritize health and wellness with $5 million donation to Alliance for a Healthier Generation
MENOMONEE FALLS, Wis., July 15, 2021 -- This back-to-school season, Kohl’s (NYSE: KSS) is helping kids and parents prepare to start the year out fresh as they begin to reunite in-person once again. With an expansive assortment of today’s top styles in casual, athleisure, denim, and footwear, combined with Kohl’s unmatched value and shopping conveniences, the entire family is going to enjoy refreshing their wardrobe with comfortable and cool styles that will make kids feel confident and parents feel prepared to send their kids back to school this year.
“Everyone is gearing up for a return to a more normal year with kids heading back to school and adults beginning to socialize more with friends and families,” said Greg Revelle, Kohl’s chief marketing officer. “As both kids and adults look to update their closets with casual and comfortable apparel that can take everyone from the classroom or office to after school activities, Kohl’s is making it easy for everyone to get the apparel they are looking for, at a great value, no matter when and how they choose to shop both in stores and online.”
Refresh and Replenish - Everything They Need to Start the New Year off Right
From outfits that exude confidence in the classroom, to performance looks for recess and gym class, Kohl’s has a wide range of casual and cool apparel to build a new wardrobe for the first day back and outfits to last the entire year.
- Casual: For outfits to rock-the-classroom, Kohl’s has you covered with popular trends in everyday basics, denim and footwear from brands like Jumping Beans, SO, Sonoma Goods for Life, Hurley, Vans and more.
- Active and Athleisure: Whether it’s a new gym class ready style or classroom looks that are designed for comfort, Kohl’s has the best in active and athleisure apparel from leading brands including Nike, Under Armour, adidas, and Champion, plus private label athleisure offerings from SO and Sonoma Goods for Life.
- Denim: With leading styles including boyfriend, skinny and high rise from top denim brands like Levi’s and Sonoma Goods for Life, Kohl’s has the comfortable and cool styles and brands every kid is craving this year.
- Footwear: Start this year out on the right foot with trending footwear styles from kid-obsessed brands like Vans, Converse, Skechers, Nike, Under Armour, and adidas.
- Backpacks: From Hurley, Vans and JanSport to Nike, Under Armour and adidas, to licensed characters, Kohl’s has a variety of brands offering backpacks that are cool and functional to top off the first-day look.
- Outfits for Everyone: Kohl’s is the place to shop for back-to-school clothing for every student with a wide assortment of adaptive clothing available online with thoughtfully designed features like abdominal access and sensory-friendly and wheelchair-friendly options.
- Basics and School Uniforms: For those looking to stock up on everyday basics and school uniforms, Kohl’s has a wide assortment of polos, uniform pants, shorts, dresses and skirts, along with socks, underwear, bras and more for every body type and preference.
Plus, Kohl’s has the dorm room essentials families are looking for as they get ready to send students back to campus. Kohl’s has college students covered for everything they need to make their dorm their home away from home this year, with furniture, bedding and decor from The Big One, to small appliances like Keurig coffee makers and mini refrigerators.
Outfit Inspiration from Kohl’s
Not only does Kohl’s offer a destination for kids to stock up on their back-to-school outfitting needs, but it also has what adults are looking for to update their wardrobes with the return of social gatherings, family outings or even when heading back to the office. Rooted in apparel that can transition from the office to your kids’ after school activities, Kohl’s is the place to shop for comfortable, yet presentable and stylish attire.
- Active & Casual: As people begin their post-COVID lifestyle, one trend that is staying strong is people’s preference to dress more casually and comfortably for every occasion - whether it's to the office, a day out with the family, or events with friends. For men, that means suits have traded to khakis and dress shirts, and khakis have traded to denim and polos. For women, there has been an increased interest in jackets and third layers. Think boyfriend blazers from LC Lauren Conrad, cropped jackets from Nine West and oversized cardigans from Sonoma Goods for Life to compliment new proportions in looser fitting bottoms with denim a key complimenting component. Kohl’s new athleisure brand, FLX, is another option for people looking to take their workday outfit to the soccer sidelines with options like performance leggings, tees and blazers that can transition along with the day.
- Beauty: Everyone is going to want to look their best when reuniting with co-workers, friends or family in-person and a new set of makeup can add the finishing touches to the perfect look. Kohl’s innovative new Sephora at Kohl’s beauty experience will open in the first 200 stores just in time for fall and will be available on Kohls.com beginning August 1. From Sephora exclusives like Fenty Beauty and Drunk Elephant to cult classics like Lancôme and Bare Minerals to emerging clean beauty brands like ILIA and Milk Makeup, the wide-ranging Sephora at Kohl’s beauty assortment will have a brand and a product for everyone.
Showing Appreciation to Educators and School Staff with New 20% Discount This Weekend
After what was an incredibly challenging school year in 2020, Kohl’s is extending a big “thank you” to educators and school staff and recognizing them for all they’ve done with a new, limited-time 20% discount beginning Friday, July 16 through Sunday, July 18. Educators and school staff shopping in-store at one of Kohl’s more than 1,100 locations nationwide receive 20% off their purchases.* The discount is only available on purchases made in-store and customers must present a valid ID to redeem. Details and exclusions apply.
And to make the savings even sweeter, all shoppers will have the opportunity to earn $10 in Kohl’s Cash for every $50 spent during this time period, giving teachers and staff a chance to save on future purchases, too. Details and exclusions apply.
Big Savings on the Best Back-to-School Finds
Kohl’s has always been known for its unmatched value and this year is no different. Customers can expect to find all the great ways to save and spend wisely this back-to-school season with Kohl’s Card, Kohl’s Cash and Kohl’s Rewards program.
- Kohl’s Rewards: Customers who sign up for Kohl’s Rewards earn 5% Kohl’s Cash every day, on every purchase (that’s $5 for every $100 spent!), and personalized deals and perks throughout the year.
- Kohl’s Cash: Customers shopping during a Kohl’s Cash earn period get $10 Kohl’s Cash for every $50 spent. Customers earn Kohl’s Cash regardless of how they pay for their purchases. Earned Kohl’s Cash coupons can be used on eligible purchases during redeem periods on all eligible Kohl’s items, making shopping at Kohl’s the best value around. Terms and exclusions apply.
- Kohl’s Card: Kohl’s Card customers save more with extra savings offers throughout the year — and that’s on top of Kohl’s already incredible sale prices. Apply for a Kohl's Card today, online or in store. Offers subject to credit approval. Some exclusions may apply.
Shopping Made Easy and Convenient
Kohl’s is helping customers save time during the back-to-school season, and year-round, with easy, seamless conveniences —regardless of when and how customers want to shop.
- Fast and Free Drive Up and Buy Online, Pick Up in Store Services: Kohl’s offers free, limited-contact drive up for an easier back to school shopping experience. Within one hour of their order, customers can simply drive up and park in designated parking spots at their local Kohl’s, and an associate will place their Kohls.com Buy Online, Pick Up in Store or Ship to Store orders directly in their trunk or backseat. To learn more about Kohl’s limited-contact drive up service, visit Kohls.com/DriveUp.
- Digital Experience: We know families are busy, so Kohl’s offers digital conveniences on Kohls.com to make finding everything on your back-to-school shopping list a breeze. Customers can browse the Back-To- School page for curated assortments of top product categories, as well as download a back-to-school checklist to ensure nothing is forgotten.
- Kohl’s App and Kohl’s Pay, for Shopping on the Go: Kohl’s App features the option to scan and store Kohl’s gift cards, Kohl’s Cash and savings offers, and easily manage and redeem Kohl’s Rewards in the mobile wallet for easy access at checkout. Customers can also pay quickly and easily when they use Kohl’s Pay, which connects to a Kohl’s Card account and allows them to apply offers and coupons, such as Kohl’s Rewards, Kohl’s Cash and pay with one scan.
Helping Families Prioritize Health & Wellness
Kohl’s is helping families prioritize a healthy lifestyle this school year and beyond through its national nonprofit partner, Alliance for a Healthier Generation. Kohl’s recently announced a donation of $5 million over three years to expand the Kohl’s Healthy at Home initiative, which is rooted in health equity and works closely with schools and community partners to provide resources for parents and caregivers to help make healthy choices easier for families.
Kohl’s (NYSE: KSS) is a leading omnichannel retailer. With more than 1,100 stores in 49 states and the online convenience of Kohls.com and the Kohl's App, Kohl's offers amazing national and exclusive brands at incredible savings for families nationwide. Kohl’s is uniquely positioned to deliver against its strategy and its vision to be the most trusted retailer of choice for the active and casual lifestyle. Kohl’s is committed to progress in its diversity and inclusion pledges, and the company's environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) stewardship. For a list of store locations or to shop online, visit Kohls.com. For more information about Kohl’s impact in the community or how to join our winning team, visit Corporate.Kohls.com or follow @KohlsNews on Twitter.
* In order to receive the Educators and School Staff discount, eligible customers must present proper identification in store along with any tender type. Eligible customers include: K-12 teachers, daycare/early learning educators, post-secondary educators, and school staff. DISCOUNT CANNOT BE ADDED IN CONJUNCTION WITH OTHER PERCENT-OFF COUPONS OR AGE-SPECIFIC DISCOUNTS. DOLLAR-OFF COUPONS, INCLUDING KOHL'S CASH® COUPONS, KOHL'S REWARDS® AND PROMOTIONAL GIFTS, WILL BE APPLIED PRIOR TO PERCENT-OFF TOTAL PURCHASE COUPONS. Discount not valid on the following categories and brands of merchandise: Gift Cards; Kohl's Cares® cause merchandise or other charitable items; select online-exclusives; premium athletic; beauty and fragrance (including Sephora at Kohl's purchases); consumables; Curated by Kohl's brands; select electrics; premium electronics; premium footwear; select personal care; select novelty gifts; sporting goods; sports team merchandise; premium sunglasses; toys; Wellness Market brands; Calvin Klein; Columbia; Crocs; Eddie Bauer; select KitchenAid; Koolaburra by UGG; Lands' End; Levi's; Lovepop; ScentWorx; S'well; Tommy Hilfiger; and TOMS. See complete list of exclusions at Kohls.com/exclusions or look for signs in store. Discount also not valid on price adjustments on prior purchases; payment on a Kohl's Card account; taxes, shipping and/or handling fees. Discount is nontransferable. See associate for details.
Jacquelyn Judkins, firstname.lastname@example.org, 262.703.7204